|Target group||Students, employees and professors, as well as all HHU members interested in diversity.|
|Termin||Once a semester.|
Participation is free of charge. Registration is required by .
The next appointments:
|24th March 2023||09.30-16.00 Uhr||Workshop "Racism (Criticism) at University"||online|
The Diversity Section offers a workshop for interested faculty, staff, and students at HHU to address racism in the context of higher education. The workshop will address the following questions:
- What is racism and what does it have to do with me?
- In which areas of the university does racism occur?
- How do experiences of racism affect the everyday lives of those affected?
- What can we do to name and counter racism in the context of higher education?
The goals of the workshop are:
- ... ...to name privileges associated with being white and to explain their meaning for one's own role at the university,
- ...gain a better understanding of the origins and differences of racism as well as the special responsibility of universities in this context,
- ... recognize racist language acts and apply racism-sensitive alternatives in (university) everyday life,
- ... better recognize and understand racism in the university context with the help of selected case studies,
- ... develop strategies for a critical attitude towards racism and discuss them critically and reflectively with other members of the HHU.